Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New Moon... (More like let's see what we can screw up this time)

Let's discuss the "New Moon" movie coming out in November. For those of you who have been living under a rock for the past couple years, "New Moon" is the sequel to the "Twilight" novel.

Anyone who knows me at all, knows that I am a HUGE "Twilight" fan! Huge as in, I read all four books in a week, huge. And as soon as I get the first book back from a good friend of mine, I will read the series again and again. Anyhow, I was all geared up and patiently/anxiously waiting for the movie to come out. Even dragged my poor husband and one of our closest friends to see it. I bought the T-shirt, brushed up on the book a little bit.. I WAS READY.

I either should not have read the book first
or
I should not have watched the movie at all.

It was HORRIBLE! As I sat and watched Mutilation of Twilight, I was dumbfounded and constantly saying 'Whaaaaaaaaaaat?" or "That's not the way it happened!!!" I think Tim (my husband) was getting a bit frustrated with my rambling to myself during the movie. It was bad enough that I was looking for the nearest spork to gouge out my eyes with, but I subjected my poor husband and friend to it as well. I will never be able to make up for this evil act. I left the theater ranting and raving. I believe I even inflicted carpal tunnel on myself by texting all of my friends who read it, to warn them that it was dreadful and I was TICKED!!

I wanted to find out what other viewers thought of it.. Mistake #2. I read all of the postings on different blog sites about how people absolutely looooooved the movie and OMG it was so awesome!! And that they were going to go see it over and over again. While reading these people's reactions, I sat here with a blank look on my face and tilted my head thinking, "I wish I would not have paid the first $8.00 to see it.. and they are going to pay repeatedly to watch this slaughter-fest?"

I have questioned many times if they even read the same books that I did. Maybe I read some secret special version of the "Twilight" series that I am just not aware of. That has to be it!

In case you couldn't tell, I'm still a tad bit miffed about it all.

All of this venting brings me to this..

Tonight, one of my best friends/sistah sent me a text message telling me to go to YouTube and check out the trailer for the movie sequel "New Moon". So I did, in hopes that maybe there was some promise for this movie. *Le Sigh* The trailer has made me thankful for a little thing called Red Box movie rental. That way... if I have a lapse in good judgement and decide to watch the movie as punishment for things I have done wrong in my life , I will have only wasted $1.00 instead of $8.00.

Seriously? Can we please at least follow major points of the book? I understand that some things need to be tweaked here and there for time allowance and effect. But when you are changing and have a complete disregard for major highlights that are crucial to the entire story line (that is pertinent to the entire series), I must take a moment to question the sanity of the screen writers, directors and producers.

Please... for the love of all that is holy.... STOP THE MADNESS!!




1 comment: