Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Desperately Seeking Red Dress

 Last week, I walked past the full length mirror in my bedroom and I had to stop in my tracks, take two steps back and have a good look at myself.  My eyebrows are so unattended that before long, I will be able to carry on a conversation with them.  I was wearing my husbands t-shirt and shorts, because, I have neglected to buy myself  clothes that actually fit me.  And my hair... Well, let's just say that I don't "rock" the ponytail like I used to.  Gray hairs do not cooperate, nor do they like to stay in place when pulled back.  I basically looked like an escaped mental patient.  Once again,  I had put myself on the bottom of the "To Do" list.  

The past few weeks months, (okay) years,  I have said that I am going to make more "me" time.  Well damn it, I am finally doing it!  After the initial horror of my mirror episode dissipated, I remembered that my mom bought a gift certificate for me to have four spa treatments where I faithfully have my hair cut every 6-8 months.  I whipped that sucker out and made an appointment for a much overdue and needed facial. 

Then today, I was blessed enough to read the blog of Jenny (my hero)  who challenged women to find their red dress, and damn it,  I am going to do it!  So tonight, I bought this...


 Before you tilt your head and question if I lost my mind over buying a lighter, look again....


And even better, it's RED!!! 


Yep, it's pretty impractical, and silly, but it does serve a purpose, and it made me happy! 


Not only am I going to find more "red dress(es)", AND buy them.. But, I am also going to help my best friend/sistah Sherry, find hers as well (She is on her own when it comes to buying it =D).  Sherry is coming to visit me for a week this summer, and we have made a pact to have a "red dress" week.  We are going to take pictures of all the silly, dumb, senseless and non-practical things that we plan to do during her visit and we are going to post them.  No airbrushing, no "skinny" editing... Just us, as we are.  Because we ARE beautiful and we definitely deserve it.  

4 comments:

  1. I can not believe how selfish you've become...smfh...really? KATIE TIME? That's just not acceptable missy...you need more mom, maid, chef, wife, accountant, taxi driver time...what are you THINKING
    Signed in PROTEST-your lucky charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bought a huge red lighter? What are you lighting up with it? That is the question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am actually only lighting Marlboro lights with it. But my husband is constantly stealing my lighters and then says that he didn't. At least now, if he steals my lighter, I will know and then I can go ninja on him.

    ReplyDelete