Tuesday, June 22, 2010

She-Ra, Cooking Warrior


Today started off to be a good day.  I woke up in utter silence.  My sons are at their dad's for the summer, so that meant I didn't have to wake up to anyone fighting, arguing or antagonizing.  And best of all... I got to sleep in until 8 am!   And I remembered that this week is the last week of physical therapy for my "Franken-foot" which made it even better!  I was looking forward to my appointment today, because I really wanted to address this swelling issue that's going on.  For anyone who doesn't know, I had ankle and calf surgery almost 3 months ago.  Fun times.

Since I had a few hours of silence, I decided to do my facebooking because let me tell ya.. Cafe World is serious bi'ness that should not be taken lightly.  I had stuff cooking in there!  Which made me think... I should drag out the stock pots, make some beef vegetable soup and do some canning.  Because I am She-Ra, Cooking Warrior.. Protector against famine and hunger.

Physical therapy kicked my butt, yet again.  And again, I was told to stay off my feet as much as possible and put ice on it.  Yeah, that's gonna happen.  I realize that my physique may look like I sit on my ass all day long, but I really don't.  

I'm too old for this crap. And I got to have a wonderful convo along those lines with my best friends son about it...

It's so nice when even your 18 yr old "nephew" knows that your body is a clunker.

But, I still managed to drag out the stock pots and make the soup.  Come hell or high water, I was gonna do this! So, I broke out my crown and trusty sword ladle and got to work...  35 jars later, I ran out of canning lids.  Craaaaap.  That required me to return to the store to buy more lids, which required me to walk around... more.    

I was going to make fajita's tonight, because of course, I am invincible!  On my way home from the store, I hit the Taco Bell drive-thru because cooking again = Hordack (if you wanna know who Hordack is, click here).  And I felt drained of my super powers.  

So, here I am with forty jars of soup and a foot and ankle that is worthy of the nickname "Franken-foot".  


Tomorrow.... I am canning spaghetti sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment