Monday, June 21, 2010

Sweet Home Indiana


I went to Florida with Tim last week and had my trusty camera with me.  Only this time, I was in my "alter personality" form, and wasn't looking for the breath taking pictures.  Instead, I found humor and horror outside my little corn fed state of Indiana.  

I think I am scared of most southerners.

So, we cross into Kentucky and suddenly I look over, see this sign (I wish to God I would've gotten a picture of it) and I had to do a double take because it said...





Seriously.. not even I can make that up.  I looked at Tim, said "What. The. Hell??" and he darn near spit his drink all over the windshield.  I'm not sure I wanna know what a "used" cow in Kentucky is exactly. 

Anyhow, I really don't remember a whole lot of the rest of the trip to Florida.  Mostly because I was still thinking about the whole used cow thing.  It really concerned me.  But, while in Florida I did get to visit my brother who has affectionately nick-named me "Franken-foot" because my foot and ankle was so swollen from the ride down there.  He took us to Ft. Meyers beach and I fell in love... right up to the point where either the water or the food didn't agree with me.   Either way, I think my insides liquefied and evacuated my body.  On the plus side-- while in the restroom cursing the water, my brother did take a breath taking picture of our view on the beach.  


Wednesday, we had to go to Miami.  I am a horrible passenger driver.  It took 2 hours to realize that my passenger brake does not work-- no matter how hard I pushed on the floor, no matter how much I wanted it to work-- it didn't. I also learned that Tim has road rage issues and I should probably hide the guns.   I would like to take this opportunity to say... YA'LL CAN'T DRIVE!!!!  When you are driving down the road, and see a BIG HONKIN BLUE SEMI... Do not believe your inner voice that says, "You can cut them off.. and you will win".




And it doesn't just stop at cutting off big semi's.  Ya'll cut each other off too!!  



And then. there are those who either talking on their phone or decide they would rather sit in traffic because this is what happens


 On our way back home, I saw this one..  I don't remember what state we were in when I saw this sign, but I had to take a picture of it.. Not because it was as disturbing as, "Used Cows For Sale", but because if I didn't remember that I was in the south, this reminded me of that fact.


It made me thankful that where I'm from.. we don't have stinkin creeks.

Now this one.. MADE MY DAY!  So, we are tooling through South Carolina and this is my view out the window.. 


First thing that hit me when I saw the shirt and towel flying around in the wind???  HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY!!!!!  Then,  I wonder why he is wearing his shirt like that? I mean, didn't he think ahead that maybe it would fly over his head and cover his face?  (Welcome to the inner workings of my mind) 

Finally, I received a sign from God (I think it was in North Carolina)..  and at that point, I knew that I would be okay.


The rainbow is God's promise to us that He will never destroy the earth again by water.  I took this rainbow as a promise that He would never subject me to idiots in the south again. 

1 comment: